‘Tis the season for planning…and reflecting and analyzing and resolution-making!
I have a confession: I’m addicted to blogs and e-newsletters. I subscribe to a TON of them! I’m addicted to learning, being inspired, and staying in the loop on all things related to my business.
One would think I’d be stoked about this time of year when my inbox gets flooded with emails from fellow entrepreneurs about plans for the upcoming year. But, the feelings of guilt have been overpowering those feelings of inspiration I typically get.
Yep, I said it – it makes me feel guilty! Why? Because the woulda-shoulda-coulda thoughts start circling in my brain, and I’m reminded of how little I’ve done to plan for the upcoming year.
Just writing a blog post to talk about planning for the upcoming year would have decreased the amount of guilt and increased the amount of planning.
Oh, wait? That’s exactly what I’m doing NOW!
While all those blog posts haven’t kicked my butt in gear enough to get all my planning done, one did provide some very easy planning tips even for a non-business-planner (yep, I admit that, too!) like me.
Since dealing with the “money” side of my business is the hardest part for me, this post gave me just the ideas I needed to take those baby steps towards planning. But more importantly, seeing all those emails come rushing in DID give me a good push to do some of that oh-so-necessary reflecting.
It’s pretty much automatic that when you reflect on the past, you can’t help but plan for the future. So, while reflecting on this past year in my business, what comes to mind first is to think about what I’m proud of and not so proud of. I certainly don’t want to repeat the not-so-proud moments and I definitely hope to repeat and improve upon the proud moments.
Things I’m NOT proud of:
- Still not so great at saying no to projects that don’t excite me or feel like a good fit
- Still not charging enough for my services
- Not making my office (a.k.a. my much-needed creative space) exactly how I want it
- Not being as efficient or organized as I’d like to be
Things I’m proud of:
- Saying no to SOME projects that don’t excite me or feel like a good fit (yay – SCORE!)
- STARTING to charge appropriately for my services…but even more exciting – revamping my website and all pricing and services, which will be unveiled January 2015 (woohoo!)
- Decluttering at least a LITTLE of my tornado-of-an-office (baby steps!)
- Using a project management program, which definitely helps with efficiency and organization (again, baby steps!)
As you can see, I have plenty of work to do…but at least I’ve made some baby steps and plan to improve upon those proud moments in 2015.
So, what’s on your list? What do you plan to CONQUER in 2015?
What are you proud of and not so proud of?
What not so proud moments will result in a shift for you in 2015?
What proud moments will become even better when you reflect at the end of 2015?
Until next time,