Creating a logo and/or website for a client is a very personal and unique experience. I am not just providing a service for you like changing your oil or cutting your hair for 45 mins every couple of months (not that those services aren’t important – which they are – or require special skills – which they do). I am truly helping you make your dreams come true. You’ve wanted to do something different with your career or enhance your current business or hobby, and I am going to help catapult you to where you want to be!
I bring value to your business by giving you a platform to do your business!
If we aren’t already friends, we’re going to become quite friendly throughout this process. We will communicate very often via email and occasionally through Skype or Google Hangout. We might even meet in person if we live in the same city, or if we don’t, we’ll likely/hopefully hit it off so well that we’ll want to plan a trip to visit each other! FUN!
BUT, before we can embark on this exciting adventure, we both need to make sure that our personalities and work styles mesh well. Many web and graphic designers focus on a certain industry, gender, or company size when determining their ideal client. For me, it’s more about personality, motivation, enthusiasm, mutual respect, and communication style.
To give you an idea of whether or not we are a good fit, take a gander below…
We are a good fit if:
- You’re a go-getter with an open mind + big ideas. You’re ready to take your business/idea/project to the next level, and you want to feel at ease – and yet very excited – as we transform your brand into something you’re uber-proud to show off to the world. You’re also forward-thinking, and really, really nice!
- You are ready to stop wasting time and are committed to going PRO with your website and/or logo.
- You’re uber-excited to move forward on this project/dream of yours!
- You have a good idea of what you want your brand and website to look like. Don’t worry, I’ll help you gain clarity on this, but it’s extremely beneficial for both of us if you do some research and come up with some ideas.
- You are a good email communicator, meaning that you respond in a timely fashion and you do so nicely (yep, there are people out there who are short or rude in emails – whether it’s intentional or not, and that just doesn’t make for an enjoyable experience).
- You understand and respect the value of hiring a professional to do the work that you either don’t want to do, can’t do, or don’t have the time to do. Sure, you COULD design your own logo and website, but you’d need to find the time to learn how (if you don’t know already) and then actually do it. If you want to do that, you totally should. But, if you want to focus on building and enjoying your business, your family, and everything else you have going on in your life, then I would love to help you bring your web and graphic design needs to fruition.
- You have your content for your website ready (or at least in-the-works).
- You’re looking for a lovely partnership that consists of working together to give your brand that extra oomph. Our friendly + trusting relationship will have us singing each other’s praises and – more importantly – seeing the sweet success of your business as it grows + flourishes.
We are not a good fit if:
- You want a website or logo created “ASAP” (or, “yesterday”) and don’t value the time, energy, effort, and skills that go into creating a quality, customized website or logo.
- You had a website built “X” years ago and paid $500 for it (or built it yourself) and want something “very similar” and for the same price…yet updated, responsive, customized, etc. Web design takes time and skills, and I want you to be ecstatic with the results. I take pride in my work, and I know you’ll be pleased.
- You’re looking to save a buck or two. If we mesh well, you’ll likely be getting some extra bonuses anyway.
- You think (and say) that the services I am providing for you “aren’t that complicated” or “shouldn’t cost that much.” The Web and graphic design industry is HUGE and has very little consistency in terms of services and pricing. You can have a website ranging from $0-$30,000. You can have a designer with 20 years of formal education or one with no formal education, and the results may be the exact same (or the one with no formal education may even be better!). You can have a logo designed for $5 or $5,000. You get the picture :). It’s important to trust and value the person you are hiring, and if their pricing or services are not in line with your goals and/or budget, then it’s best to find the right person who fits your needs. All parties should feel great about the working relationship, so I’m all for finding that perfect partnership!
So, what do you think? Are we a good fit?
If so, head on over to my contact page to tell me about you and your project(s)!